Friday, January 7, 2011

Maiden.s Dress in Blue

The exciting part of designing a dress is seeing what it becomes at the end. The stage when I sew the panels together, along with the loops for the ties, is usually disappointing. Sometimes we anticipate results before adding the embellishments.

At this stage a dress is not something that will catch my eye or looked attractive.

I cut 21 feet of one inch strips and began folding and folding again to make the ribbon ties. I was happily rewarded for all my tedious work when I placed them on the gown. The transformation was impressive. I fashioned the finishing touches of metal and fabric and the look is complete!

Yes, I can see this worn by a fair maiden.

The warmth of the color blue implies a pure heart and a gentle soul found among the stone walls of an ancient castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment